"Make Every Day Your MASTERPIECE"

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Journey

The journey to this blog has been long and full of joy..........and heartache. I spent 34 years working as an educator, and professional development provider and 16 years (of that 34) as an entrepreneur, as well as teaching business ownership to at-risk youth and doing international business education consulting. I've been involved in the arts in some capacity for my entire life. During 2009-2010 I was even the Director of an arts coalition made up of 17 arts organizations. But in November of 2009, life took a very unexpected turn when my husband Art was diagnosed with brain cancer. He quickly lost his battle on January 30, 2010. After an incredible 36 1/2 years as his wife, my battle with grief has continued. As the first anniversary approaches, and the healing process continues, I know that I need to focus on what feeds my soul........and that is art and the process of creation. I have always enjoyed writing, and am confident that it will aid healing, and so doing a blog at this time just seems to make sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment