"Make Every Day Your MASTERPIECE"

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hola!

Greetings from Sevilla! This is the end of the 5th day of the Spain trip with St. Joe's University and Collette Tours. Even more important than the beauty and the history of this country is the beauty of the group I am blessed to travel with. There are no words adequate to express how amazing many of these people are and how very much I enjoy their company. They have been such gifts on this trip and the previous two, including me in their company. I am so excited about getting to know Spain. First few days were spent in Madrid, where the architecture is beyond compare, at least to the little I have seen in this big world. It is breathtaking and mesmerizing. I had the opportunity to visit the Prado during free time and see some exquisite paintings and sculpture. There is art everywhere we go it seems. The cathedrals all have paintings too. Many of the painting are religious. 94% of people in Spain are Catholic. They certainly do a better job at evangalization than we do in the states. It is difficult to wrap my brain around the talent of these artists. It surely makes me feel insignificant. Sunday was a holiday in Spain and the king was in Madrid. I wanted so badly to see him, but wishing did not make it so. Huge parade! We have also seen some of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world. I am always in awe of them, but at the same time, they cannot hold a candle to the community one feels entering St. Joes University. That is home. I have taken many pictures and will add some here, once I am back home. They defy description. We have traveled to Toledo and tomorrow are on our way to Granada, then Valencia and finally Barcelona. Tonight we went to a Flamenco show. Dance......there is nothing quite like the joy of dance! I went in several shops to make dance related purchases and I am eagerly looking forward to seeing and learning my newly choreographed Paso when I get back to the dance studio. But for now, enjoyed the sangria and the dancing. And the food.....OMG. We have had amazing meals and tapas every day. Not to worry......we walk it off. I have already been checking out the recipe for Sopa de Ajo to make when I get home! Also bought spices to make paella. I keep remembering the Tim Holtz mantra #Remember the now!! That is so important. There is so much culture and history to soak up in a short time. It is always meaningful to take some time to enjoy the journey. Life can take us by surprise sometimes and we need to be present in every moment that God blesses us with life. At the end of every day, those full of joys and those full of challenges, I thank God for His gifts and blessings. I also take a minute every morning to look up and say to Art that I hope he will be proud of what I do with my day. I wish we would have had the chance to travel to Europe together, but I always feel his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment